Branding on a budget: 5 Tips for Small Business Owners
1. Define your brand identity
- Get a great logo that’ll represent your brand: its values, vision and mission. It’s equally important to factor in your target customers when creating a logo.
- Identify your niche and be known for it
2. Project your brand visually
- Adopt a particular look especially your design on all your platforms and your product packaging
- Print professional looking business cards with the intention of casting a lasting impression of your brand on your prospective customer
3. Get yourself noticed on social media for all the right reasons
- Be intentional with your content
- Make sure your brand is consistent
- Furthermore, ensure that you are perceived as being knowledgeable about your area of expertise in that particular field
- Be willing to share
4. Partner with other brands that appeal to your kind of customers
- Remember the story of the bread seller accompanying the beans seller, that’s a classic example of partnering with businesses that’ll aid the growth of your business. Irrespective of the industry you belong to, ensure you partner with businesses that appeal your kind of customers.
5. Customer Service
- Customer service? Yes customer service! It’s a branding tool too and in fact your super branding tool. Irrespective of how appealing your brand appears, the way you treat your customers will speak volumes about your brand. Make customer satisfaction a priority and take customer reviews either positive or negative seriously, be grateful for the reviews and respond appropriately.